The rail directorate of the transportation group is seeking a rail engineers to be based in London. The rail directorate undertakes a variety of rail, metro and transportation infrastructure schemes all across the world.
Rail, Principal Engineer
As a principal engineer you will be leading the design of civil/structural elements of railway projects and will be responsible for the performance of the design team. You will be reporting to the associate director. Internally you will be liaising with people from a wide range of disciplines and externally you will be liaising with the clients, contractors and other consultants.
Other responsibilities of the role will include:
• Defining, evaluating and selecting design options
• progressing the designs through the full process from concept/feasibility to full detailed design for construction.
• preparation of design/study reports
Additional duties of the role include:
• Understanding and implementing industry best practise in own work and work of team through knowledge of the application of current design codes and standards
• Supervising work of the graduate engineers.
• Mentoring chartered engineers.
The successful candidate should have a degree in civil /structural engineering or equivalent and be a chartered member of the ICE/ IStructE. It is essential that you have extensive experience of developing the design of civil and structural engineering works (structural steelwork / structural concrete / foundations) to a high standard on a variety of heavy or light rail projects. You should have some experience or working within an engineering consultancy.
To excel in this role you should have a genuine interest in engineering design and construction and in railway projects. You should be creative and innovative with a proactive approach in solving problems. You should be organised and be able to plan ahead.
Finally you should have good communication skills and leadership qualities. The client offers a competitive salary, a full range of employee benefits, opportunities for career development and a supportive company culture.
Telefon: Magdalena Kozlowska; +44 7980 97 5741