The Crossrail project team is currently seeking Engineers (Cut and Cover Tunnels, bored Tunnels) to work in the London offices. The team is responsible for the design of Crossrail’s South East Branch from Stepney Green through to the eastern terminus at Abbey Wood. This will comprise both underground and surface tracks and a minimum of three stations. Our package of work includes the Isle of Dogs underground station at Canary Wharf, three portals and six intermediate shafts. You would be reporting to the technical director for the tunnels skill group
1) Engineers cut and cover tunnels
2) Engineers bored tunnels
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Designing cut and cover structures as a member of a team and independently with guidance as necessary
• Producing design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings
• Liaising with other disciplines and clients
To be considered for this post, you must be a chartered engineer with experience of the following:
• Designing cut and cover and retaining structures, including preparing detailed design calculations, reports and specifications
• Supervising the productions of drawings
• Ground movements due to retained cut construction.
Ideally you will have general design experience in other underground structures and experience of package management and leading small teams of junior engineers.
To excel in this role you must be a team player capable of working under your own initiative. You must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills. Finally, you should be looking for a challenge to develop your technical and management skills with a leading tunnelling consultancy.
We are especially keen to hear from individuals wanting to develop or diversify their careers into the rail sector.
Telefon: Magdalena Kozlowska; +4479 8097 5741